Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year Means a New You?

It's the time again, when we all set out to make resolutions about losing weight, drinking less soda, alcohol, coffee, spending more time with family and friends, working less, saving more and so on and so on and so on....it never seems to end.  But what if this year, we actually stuck to those goals?  What if you really chose to make changes that were within your reach and could spark a new, improved and balanced you?

I, for one know that I could use a little tune up in a few departments.  I have been carrying around an extra 25 lbs for some time and made every excuse NOT to clean up my act.  My Mother has been sick for 2 years, I work too much, it's cold outside, it's hot outside, I'm too tired...and that's clearly what they are....excuses!  No amount of complaining will release my body of the extra 25 pounds of Doritos and pizza I shoved into it over the past 24 months.  What will you ask?  Exercise, disciple, water, tracking, motivation, moderation, and a clear GOAL!

Setting a goal and engaging daily in the outcome of that goal will help you, and I to make it to the finish line.  Is it a difficult road? YES! But with help, we can all get there.  Learning how to become a responsible partner in your health is what WILL make you successful.  Measure your progress by not only what you have learned, but by how you have changed your behavior.  Do not set yourself up for failure by creating unrealistic expectations that can never be met.  Rely on your social network at Healthper.com to give you tips, tricks and advice.  Let's make goals in 2012 we can stick to!

No comments:

Post a Comment